Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

As I've stated before, I'm usually not that person who goes crazy for little non-holidays like valentines day. I usually just make cookies or something for my friends and that's that. Other than that it's simply been the day before my sister and Sam's birthdays. So this year was amazingly better. He knocked on my door with his soft brown eyes and a bouquet of pink flowers. He hit the nail on the head with the many different kinds of flowers, I prefer variety over the normal dozen of X type of deal and he totally understood that without me saying anything. Then I took the flowers out of the wrapping and saw the BEST part. they were in a vase. A beautiful vase!

Now, you need to hear the story behind this bc i'm not just nutzo over glassware. Sam would consistently buy me one or two carnations for anniversaries or birthdays over the last 4-6 years and I never had anywhere to put them. They would end up in a drinking glass and in later years in an empty bottle of wine we had split earlier. Eventually I went out, bought myself flowers and a small cheap vase to put them in. Problem was solved but I never actually like the vase I had, it was just there and served a purpose.

So for him to get me a nice vase, one that I actually like and wasn't from the dollar store is very nice. Again, he doesn't know this. He was just REALLY lucky to have choose the perfect arrangement that came in the perfect setting. So we went out to eat at Carraba's bc he knew I liked it more than olive garden, but he didn't know that it is my favorite restaurant in the whole wide world thus far in my life. Again, he had simply made a lucky guess. We ended the night with a movie and he held my hand the whole time and let me put my head on his shoulder. He also warmed up my hands when we got to the car and let me touch his warm arm under his jacket with my freezing cold hands (Something Sam would cry about). He is exactly what I wanted, the EXACT opposite of Sam in every way. Sometimes that can be a bad thing, like when he doesn't want to stay late or when he doesn't play with my hair or tell me I'm beautiful, but I really think that this is better. He gets all the little things right like not giving me a flower without having a place for it to sip water and letting me put my hands on him when they're freezing and he's warm. It's nice to have a valentine who really cares about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment