Friday, February 5, 2010

I've got my feet in the water....

Toes in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand, Life is good today!

They say you fall in love mostly by scent, and I agree. I didn't note how Doug smelled until last night at gameworks when we were discussing this topic with Stuffy and Gary. I would be waiting my turn at pool by him and just smelling him (Yeah, a little awkward but I'm ok with that!) I realized that he smells like what I think about him. He smells rough and ragged but there's a strong sweetness to the mix. His scent is soft and very distinct if you pay attention and I miss it when it's not around me. I wish my nose had the exactness and strength of a dogs so I could better describe it. Maybe that's why Lady like him so much more than other guys and probably why she absolutely HATES certain guys. I smelled another guy's face and it literally hurt my nose. The sharpness of the scent made me cringe and it stayed with me for minutes after the encounter. It was very unpleasant. If I were a dog, I would have barked at him and barred my teeth towards him.

So today I worked at the Michigan Humane Society, paid my rent, and went grocery shopping at whole foods. Now I'm going to the gym and coming home to shower and do the dishes before getting ready for a fun night at both bid parties with my big sis. Yes, BOTH bid parties. That includes the Phi Sigs and I'm still a little weary of going to that house. I've decided that I'm just going to be my friendly self and act as if nothing has happened b/c nothing has happened btwn me and the brothers. In fact, Sam and I have repaired our friendship as much as possible now, so why do the other guys feel that they need to keep their distance from me? They might hate me tonight, but I'm going to hug all of them and dance with all of them and talk to all of them as if it were last year or the year before. I'm really sick of this immature behavior they are throwing at me and I'm done letting them decide what our relationship will be. I'm making the decision now and my decision is that we will all be friends :) Maybe I'll sniff them too and see if I like their scents! HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment