Monday, February 22, 2010

Living arrangments

I decided that living on my own is really depressing. I come home to lady who's real excited to see me, but I miss the language of someone saying "hey you're home! I missed u!" or something along those lines. Also, I used to love the fact that if I didn't come home no one would worry, but now I hate it. If I don't come home at night someone should be concerned about my whereabouts. It's just not normal..... SO I've been keeping my eyes pen for a roomie in August when my lease is up. Girl wise there's Dani who lives in the upper flat of a house in detroit right across warren from school. There's Adrianna, but I think she's pretty much set in AP with her sister and I'm not sure if they even need another renter or fit an extra renter in that house. Then there are the newbies who want to move out of their parents, could probably do it if they wanted it, but probably won't be ready by August. Then there are the boys. I know a lot of boys who are living on their own or with a roomie right now, but I have my eye on this one boy. I've known him for a few years now and we're pretty close now. He lives on his own right now with another couple in a house but is looking to move out at the end of summer. I haven't even proposed this to anyone yet bc it is unorthodox fo sho! BUT I could see myself sharing a living space with him.I feel like it would be easier, I know boys are messier, but he pretty much always eats fast food, he would always compliment me and be fun to be around, he wouldn't get crabby once a month, and who better to have in the next room when there's a spider or a bad dream then a boy? Plus, I hear from a pretty sound source that you never want to live with your best frd bc it always ends bad. AND when two girls live together or even spend a lot of time together, they start to have the same cycle which would be horrible! We'd be at each other's throats all week! Plus they might be neater then I am or have different styles, a boy would just go with the flow and accept my style and add his to it if anything. Then there's the whole she's prettier then me factor I would most likely fall into at some point in the arrangement. With a boy I could help him dress, he could maybe help me, but mostly he wouldn't threaten my view of myself. I think it's a good idea, the only problem is the boy I want to live with won't live with his romantic partner b4 he's married, but since we're not in anyway romantically involved there's a chance. I'm just crossing my fingers yet, I just know I want a boy and not a girl to come home to at the end of a long day. I have until August to find a roomie and I know you don't always get what u want so if I can only get a girl, that's fine and I'll do my best to make it work.

It's going to be difficult explaining this to Doug if we're still together, but if anyone would be flexible enough to accept this it's him. He's so amazing in that area of giving me my freedom to do whatever I want. I will never date a clingy or jealous boy again. They are no good for anyone.

2 comments:

  1. I at least wish you lived closer so we could just chill at our houses and not be lonely!!!

    ReplyDelete