Monday, January 25, 2010

When the sun shines, it shines!

If you didn't get it, that's the opposite of the phrase "when it rains it pours." Today I went to work and had a wonderful time with the kids who were especially uplifting. After work I came home, took lady out, got changed and headed to Bikram Yoga Studio. The room was 105 degrees and we did yoga for an hour and a half. I kept up wonderfully, which is rare for first timers the instructor assured me. I sweated my butt off but now I feel so good. I'm energized, my body is relaxed, and I'm proud of myself for sticking with some of the more challenging poses. It was a great experience. When I checked my phone after the class the MHS had called me! They offered me a volunteer position in the office and at pet smart! I can choose my hours and I just emailed the person in charge asking for Friday mornings and Saturdays. I will work 2 Saturdays/Sundays a month at the of site pet smart, and every friday morning in Westland, right down the street from me! What a great day, and what a great opportunity to see some animals find good homes! At pet smart I'll actually be the one consulting the new family and making the descision if it would be a good fit or not. I'll be able to bring families happiness by adopting out animals! My life just got a whole lot brighter!

Now I'm freezing b/c my clothes are drenched in sweat from the class, so I'm going to take a hot shower and prepare for my class and sorority meeting tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment