Friday, January 8, 2010

napping dreams

I was so tired today after lunch so I curled up in bed with lady bug and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. I dreamed about waking up and making my morning smoothie and coming to the bottom of the carton of Yopait low-fat strawberry yogurt. I saw my spoon hit the bottom, but then I left just enough for one more smoothie and put the carton back into the fridge. Then that dream must have ended b/c the next one I remember was me waking up and checking my phone to find a text message from mom saying that I should invite doug to go over Nana's and show him off to the family. So I called him and I woke up in real life talking like a drunken sailor to my comforter. I dozed back off and dreamt that I received a phone call from Nana asking if I could come down and help put away the bottom half of her tree (which she never put up this year). Again, I woke up in real life babbling to my empty room. Again I dozed off and had a final dream of taking Doug downriver to my dad's house only to find it empty. I called my dad and found out that he was at the cottage on the island, so Doug and I headed over there to meet him. I guess the meeting went fine because the next part I remember was my dad laughing and asking to take Doug out to eat. I woke up for the final time repeating, I guess he likes you Doug! When I found my phone, that I must have played with in my restless nap b/c it was inside my pillow case, and saw that I had been sleeping on and off for four hours. It was 5pm. I slept my day away! When I went to get some yogurt to eat I expected to find it almost empty like it had been in my dream, but it was near full, which through me off. Each one of my dreams seemed so real that the fact that my phone never dialed Doug, or revceived a call from Nana, or called Dad even through me off. Not to mention I never take naps, let alone a 4 hour nap. Now I'm refreshed and ready to start my day at 5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment