Wednesday, January 6, 2010

doors

When I left to get my hair done I rushed out of the door fast and thought, hey, maybe I didn't shut it all the way. So I returned to the door and made sure it was closed all the way and the knob was locked. When I returned some hours later it was open a few inches and the knob was still locked. I thought great, someone broke in, but hey, they did it without my key! Turns out no one was inside and nothing was stolen. So I did a test. I went to the store for about 30 minutes making certain the door was locked and shut all the way. I pushed on it and everything, it wasn't opening. I can back and the door was closed, good I thought, it was just a fluke or something strange. When I went to unlock it, the knob was already unlocked. The door just pushed open. Conclusion: Someone has my key. There are three copies of the key to my knowledge, my main one, a spare that is in my car, and the landlord's key incase I lock myself out. The landlord doesn't give the key to the tenant when they're locked out, they drive out to the apt, open the door themselves, then ask for $20 and a valid ID. There's no way someone who didn't work here could have gotten the key. I don't know what exactly is going on, but I feel like I need to stay here tonight to prove to myself that there is no one who wants to harm me, because there IS no one who wants to harm me. If I leave tonight and stay with my sister, or a frd, I'll always wonder. I won't feel any safer the next night or the next night if I don't prove tonight that there's nothing to be afraid of. My door knob is obvious messed up, when I first moved in I learned that if you slam the door hard enough the knob would lock, so that's the most rational answer. So, sorry mom, sorry Kristen, I probably shouldn't have told you guys because now you're just going to be freaked out, but I am staying here tonight, and I will be safe. I'll call you both in the am to verify.

No comments:

Post a Comment