Friday, January 15, 2010

TGIF

I love dating a rock star. I heard a few of his songs, so far, in the studio and got to meet the guy who is recording him. Not to mention I got to *see* him play. I have never been so attracted to a guy as much as I was attracted to him in the studio playing his bass guitar. It was wonderful, quite possibly the best experience I've ever had..... next to that night in the back of Sam's truck looking at the stars, drinking wine, and talking about our hopes dreams and aspirations. But can an amazing experience be jaded by a horrible ending? I think there's a chance it can, but only if you associate that experience with pain from the ending, which for some reason I don't do a lot. Perhaps its b/c Sam changed so dramatically and it was more like the boy in the truck bed next to me drinking wine and telling me how he wanted to settle down with me some day is no where to be found and a new hardened Sam has stepped into his shoes.

Enough about Sam, he's an idiot and that pretty much sums up everything I have to say about him. Back to Doug. I'm so glad he took me to the studio today! His music is amazing. It's like rock music, but better. There's a song titled "i love you too" that I enjoyed despite the slow beat but I can't bring myself to get past the fact that it is dedicated to his ex. It's good b/c it shows that he is capable of having a mature clean break up but it's bad b/c I'm his g/f now, so why is this other girl in his mind while he's playing, writing, or tweaking a song like that? Sam and I were pretty serious, but I would NEVER say I love him today, not in a song, or in lyrics, or any other way one can communicate. I don't want to make problems where there aren't any, so I'm leaving it at that and putting track number 5 in the back of my head. It is my least favorite for other reasons other than Doug writing it for another girl anyway.

So the studio was awesome regardless and I met his little brother, who is adorable! I started Yes Man which is pretty good and now I'm home cleaning and cooking dinner for one. I'm trying the crock pot again...3rd time's the charm! I'm not sure what's going on tonight, I haven't' heard of any parties or anything except Amanda and her b/f Mike playing wally ball in Southgate, but I don't like Mike b/c he's sexist and I'm not that good at wally ball and it's a pretty far drive. So I'm passing on that one. Oh and tomorrow I'm going to go to a meeting/training so I can volunteer at the MHS!!! Then it's delta phi epsilon's 20th anniversary shin-dig at night. One of our founders is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment