Saturday, January 9, 2010

rocky morning

last night i decided to try a new crock pot recipe, so I ran out the the store at midnight to get two cans of cream of mushroom soup. I put everything in the crock pot, turn it on low, then go to sleep. I set my alarm for 7am, so it wouldn't burn if I slept till 9. Well, it burned anyway, so now I'm stuck smelling burnt cheese and broccoli. So despite the stench, I had to put away my christmas decorations. I have everything put away but now my apt is a mess. I have some serious cleaning to do in the kitchen now (with the mess in the crock pot and all), the fish tank is ready to be cleaned again and I should do that before classes start, and my table has become my work station for bills. mess, mess, mess. and to top it all off I have to mail my sisters shirt that should have went with her christmas gift. So I have a busy day planned and of corse today I also have a graduation party and then Canada after that, so I really have no time to do all this. I'm overwhelmed with chores and see this getting pushed into tomorrow as well.

On the up side, I applied for a student assistant position in an office at school and I have recreated my resume and had my dad check it for errors, which were non-existent :) and I hope to apply for a field trip job that pays $20 an hour for 2 hours each field trip. I haven't received the information on that yet, but if both of these fail my friend's mom can put in a good word for me at the school's Mckinery Cafe. She knows the person in charge of hiring through her daughter's school, so that's my back up plan for winter. I really want the desk job though but so far all my options work well around schedules and such since they are all in association with my school (I think, I'm not positive about the field trips gig). So That's my life. I think I always get stressed out right before a new semester starts, so this is nothing new. I better go shower, get ready, take the tree back to trenton, mail Amanda's shirt, pick up my vacuum from kiki's, come back home and clean my stinky kitchen and the fish tank. It's 12:45, hopefully this can all happen before 6 when I'm expected at my frds grad party. Wish me luck! (I'm not sure I'm asking to wish me luck, I never understood why ppl wrote things like that in diaries, and now here I am asking the internet to wish me luck. I think I've gone crazy and joined the masses.)

No comments:

Post a Comment