Sunday, January 24, 2010

never underestimate a friend in a time of need

I didn't mean to blog about my issues with working out in my last blog, so that's how I'm justifying writing another one when I should be sleeping. I just got off the phone with my friend Adrianna and we basically just went through what I'm doing at the gym, why it might not be working for me and most importantly what I can do to change the fact that I'm not seeing any results. She gave me some good ideas and I'm excited to try them out, but the best thing about our little convo was that she gave me back my motivation to be healthier. I literally jumped on my laptop and looked up classes I could enroll in at my gym and yoga classes. Then I remembered Heather taking me to bikram yoga and how much fun we had doing such an incredibly intense workout. I texted her and we are going to a bikram class wed night, but since I want to get started asap, I'm going tomorrow at 1 as well. Unfortunately this will take place of my regular workout b/c of my schedule, but it is quite the workout and what Adrianna and I decided was that my body is so used to just running and pumping iron that I need to switch it up. So I'm switching it up. 15 minutes ago I didn't even have the motivation to pack my lunch for tomorrow b/c it doesn't matter what I eat, I'm still going to look and feel fat (for lack of a better word). But I just finished packing the best lunch ever. I have cucumbers, bell peppers, a banana, half a pb sandwich, a cheese stick, and a water bottle and a wheat grass mixture my mom gave me. This is how I eat everyday and my body has the audacity to tell me I'm still fat (again, sry kiki, it's the blunt truth). I'm not going to take that. I get what I want, when I want it, where I want it, and right now I want to lose weight, within the next month, in canton, MI, or more specifically, in my stomach area (yes, I'm spoiled. I get it)! So I'm making that happen! All this motivation came from one 5 minute phone conversation with a good friend. I will never underestimate a good convo again! Thx Adrianna!

No comments:

Post a Comment