Saturday, November 14, 2009

Friends and funerals....

The viewing and the funeral service for papa was really nice. It was exactly how he would of wanted it. I feel bad that I didn't tell Sam about the services, I had keith tell him tonight and he was really upset. I think he would have wanted to come pay his respects, he liked my grandpa a lot. Oh well, I can't change it now. Maybe Sam shouldn't have been such a crappy friend before, maybe then he would have known about it.

Anyway, it was nice. My sorority sent me flowers which was totally unexpected, I forgot what position does things like that. Sisterhood? IDK, but Alex also surprised me with paint and a roller. I had told her how I wanted to paint my apt and was thinking purple for the living room. The color she picked is perfect and I'm so happy I have something to distract myself with when everything settles down. Oh, and not living in a black and white apt is such a big plus!

You know, they say you find out who your real friends are when you're going through a hard time. I sent an email out with the time and location of the funeral arrangements to my sorority, as many girls have done, and I never would have guessed who showed up. Bertha (a code name), who lives down the street one city over didn't pop in for a minute, Ellan (another code name) and Lauren (yet another code) who live in the same city also didn't stop by to show their support. I half expected my big sister to drive the long distance to be with me one of the days because I feel like we are really close and I would do that for her. But no, a new member stopped by.

Amy surprised me when she and her bf walked in, they live in dearborn so it's not like they were on the way somewhere. She actually took the time to drive 30 minutes downriver just to say hi and that she's here for me. That meant a lot to me, especially since we haven't had the chance to become close friends like I had with most of the other girls. She even called me tonight to see if I wanted to come out with her friends to get my mind off everything and watch a movie. I'm so glad we are rooming together for semi formal so I can get to know this girl better. She is really nice and I hope I'm not misreading this like I was with Bertha....

So many things have changed in my life recently. I realized who I can really count on to pick me up when I'm down and I am rearranging my life to make time to be with my nana more in a couple weeks when everything settles down. I'm leaving lady with me dad to go down to Tennessee for my nana, if that doesn't say I'm here for you Idk what will!

1 comment:

  1. I (insert little heart thingy here) you Steph!

    ReplyDelete