Sunday, March 21, 2010

Doug

Doug was a short but wonderful chapter in my life. He was everything I needed to help me see that there is potential in men to be what I need them to be. He turned out to be a little shaddy, and I'm still not 100% positive he's been completely honest with me, but that just mean I need to add some things to PNM's list. I didn't learn too much from this relationship like I learned from Sam, but I did learn that I am a good person who has her head on straighter than most adults. This relationship was pretty much a confidence booster bc all of the aspects Sam tore apart and hated about me, Doug loved and embraced. I now know that I'm not crazy and I do handle arguments in a mature manner that is productive. I am not annoying when I ask to be texted when my bf gets home from leaving me at 2am in bad weather. I'm not a bad person bc I expect my bf to be there for me when I need him. Doug taught me a lot about myself as I am now, but he also taught me a lot about who I want to be as a mother, or rather who I don't want to be as a mother. But no matter how well suited we were for each other, the fact of the matter is I need someone who is willing to stick up for me (I believe that's already a requirement). Doug failed at that one aspect of a relationship where a boy is supposed to tell his family to go screw themselves when they tell him who he can a cannot date and how he is supposed to date them. That was his one major flaw and that is why we are no longer together. It just sucks bc we weren't ready for it to be over, I was still having fun in my honey moon phase.

PS. When he told me we had to break up, and I replied "that sucks, I really liked u." And he responded with watery eyes, "yeah, I was in love with u." Just thought that needed to be somewhere in here for later reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment