Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I wish I had a teacher like me

EDT 210 is all about classroom websites so far and I must say, mine are pretty sweet. I'm working on a webquest for my future students, which is where you divide the class into groups of three or four and send them to a website you have made that describes an activity. from there each person in the group is given a role in the project. They go to their page and do their part. Everything is online and it can be really cool, if you do it right.

Well, I will have to make a point to put mine up here because I have groups of 4 working on video taping a weather forecast for locations specified in class (or in this case made up and spelled out on this website). I have links for everything! Each student is doing a lot of work compared to what they normally do, and there is no way a student could go through this webquest without learning about the weather and seasons of different areas of the world. I love myself as a future teacher!

I mean I even incorporate Pooh Bear by having the student with role 4 make outfits that would be good for him to wear if he lived in the location they were given. And I mean actually make. I have links to clothing and a pooh bear that they are supposed to cut out, glue together, and put on a poster board with labels. This is the coolest class ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment