Monday, December 14, 2009

support for teaching

I always knew I wasnted to do something to help children. I started out my college career as a psychologist hoping to open a child psychology office of sorts on my own. But i changed programs to teaching b/c I it would bring joy to my life as opposed to sadness from troubled children. I was so nervous that summer I debated doing this. It was a big change. It would change my entire life dramatically. Sam encouraged me saying that I can do anything I wanted to and that if I fell on my face he would be there to support me and finance me while I went back for a different career.

I'm sitting in the last day of class listening to this person telling me theres no way I'm finding a job, and it i do, I will be fired within the forst three years and I'll have crappy pay. I'm hearing all this negative things and all I can think of is what sam would say when I got freaked out about this. He used to say "don't let them scare you. You can do anything you want and I will make sure everything is ok. He doesn't know you." But sam's not here. In fact, no one's here to tell me this and he is scaring me. I'm scared to death that I won't find a husband who can support me and that I'll have to change my career path and I will be broke and homeless and alone. I hate this crap. I hate uncertainty. I hate that I believed him. I hate that this guy is being a negative nancy.

1 comment:

  1. Solution: Sam would support you with his dishwashing salary? hmmmmmmm, nope it was false security. dad's taken care of you your whole life, he'll help you if you need it. you're smart, you won't need it.

    ReplyDelete