Sunday, December 27, 2009

Back by popular request.

Since apparently reader's lives are boring without this blog, I came up with a very good topic to write about tonight. Music.

You know those songs that are sappy, I love you, don't leave me type songs that everyone listens to during a break up or a tough time in their life? We'll I was no exception.

SIDE NOTE: Lady just snuck into her bag which is on the floor, not unpacked yet from mom's, and took out one bone like it was normal. She's walking around showing it off and I am cracking up. It's like a teenager going in the kitchen for a snack!

Anyway, I would listen to "not ready to make nice" and decide that I really did like the way it "turned my life around" and the song "Single" by Natasha bedingfield and realized i really did want to be single. Then I would hear songs like the one I heard on the way home today by the Rihanna beater boy about crawling until we can run, then running until we are strong enough to jump, then flying forever, so let's "crawl back into love" and remember that if sam ever said those words to me, I'd punch him. in the face. I'd lay him out.

Likewise with the song "replay" and the part that goes "I can be your melody or girl I can write you a symphony" which is my favorite part. If sam ever sang that to me I'd punch him. And I'm not a fighter, I'm a lover. Even the song "whatcha say" about him apologizing and admitting that he was being dumb and should have treated me better. I would still take him down for even considering that I might listen to his real apology.

Then there are those songs ppl told me I wouldn't be able to listen to for a long long long time. You know, like the ones on our CD and our theme song. We'll those ppl were wrong. I was listening to "God blessed the broken road" before I even moved up here to canton, so that was like July (One month after the break up). I think in this aspect I'm just stronger than most girls bc one of my frds still can't listen to her old bf's song for them and it's been years since their break up. I can do more than listen to them without crying, I like them. They're good songs. I have separated the emotional ties to them b/c God obviously did not bless my broken road to lead me straight to him. It simply doesn't apply anymore.

SIDE NOTE: Lady now has stolen two bones. Looks like it's time to unpack the pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment